Friday, July 13, 2007

sqlplus command history wrapper -- gqlplus

Before I upgrade my Linux to CentOS 5(equal to RHEL 5), I am happy with the sql command wrapper --rlwrap, except for having problem with automatically invoke "alias sqlplus='rlwrap sqlplus' " in .bash_profile. Each time I have to manually type it again after launch gnome-terminal.

Now my favorite rlwrap can't be succefully comipled under CentOS 5, becaus can't manage to install the prerequisite library -readline. No choice , have to find alternative solution.

Luckly, I fing gsqlplus. Download it from sourceforge.net, without compilation. I run the pre-build binary suprisely.

Move it to $ORACLE_HOME/bin without hesitate.

The minor issue is looks slow while invoking it, takes tens of seconds on my p3-600/384Mb memory.

Never mind. It is my mostest stable machine.


BTW, I also find another open source yasql, however facing the same problem with compilation. Think I need to improve my Linux knowlege rapidly