Friday, April 18, 2008

browser crashed while invoke Java applet

Today I can't access all my internet bankings. all browsers (firefox, IE, safari) crashed when I access banking.

Tried on other computer, it works. The problem must be within my laptop.

What was the change ?
-- Upgraded OpenOffiice from 2.3 to 2.4 ?
-- firefox upgraded to 2.0.0.13 to 2.0.0.14 ?
-- any stubbed file in temporary directory ?
-- Because of spyware software ?

After one day's hard thinking. I think it must related to JAVA.

Checked the folder, oh my godness on 16-Apr it is automatically update from jre1.6.0_03 to jre1.6.0_04.

Suspected jre1.6.0_04 has problem. Tried to check any update there, yes there is jre1.6.0_05 ready for update, but as of this moment, has problem with the upgrade (some error related to can't find file for copy)

Rollback to jre1.6.0_03 (uninstall jre1.6.0_04) , everything works fine now

Cheers!

Something learned, don't upgrade to latest version without notification or eager to do so. Let it stable first !!!


--this morning find SUN gave the solution of offline installation.
http://java.com/en/download/help/index.xml